Monday 29 June 2015

June 28, 2015


Met Dave on his 40 foot Beneteau with three other divers. Today I'm heading out as boat operator and diver support while the guys look for a wreck and dive another. The first spot was just off shore and has not been dove on yet or officially discovered. Dave located it with a side scanner last year and this is his second dive looking for it. It is dark and cold at 146' and they were not able to see it. The second stop was a known ship wreck where all four men went in. It was only 64' down but in the middle of the shipping lanes. I got a little worried with four men on the bottom and a freighter bearing down on us, so I called out security radio message and it went around us. It was a fun group to hang out with. They dive at a way higher level then I've seen before- very interesting. 
I have a couple  more days here before Joann and  Andrew show up, so it's cleaning, laundry and scouting the cruising guides for the the best places to go on the next leg of our adventure. I have borrowed a mountain bike so it's off to the park tomorrow.
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment