Sunday 3 May 2015

Planning Trip

 Click the to see more images
Click to see more images
Joann, Andrew and myself are on a mission to check out harbours in Duluth this weekend. So I am typing this out in the car on our way home. We drove down Friday and met up with Amy and two other sailors, Robin and Ian. Robin & Ian hosted dinner at their home on the shore of Lake Superior where we watched big freighters come and go from the port of Duluth. We had a lovely visit and learned lots of things about Duluth, it's harbours and sailing east. After dinner we headed back to the hotel and stopped in at the bar for a night cap before calling it a day. Now here is the funny part. About 2 A.M. when I got up for a pee, I picked the wrong door and ended up in the hallway in my underwear. When I heard the click of the door I knew I was in trouble. I pounded on the door but Joann was sound asleep. So, I had to go down the stairs, cross the road and get another key from the receptionist in the hotel tower across the street, all in my underwear. I reminded myself of the Travelocity commercial on TV. Good thing I don't sleep in the nude. We had a good laugh about that in the morning. We spent Saturday checking out marinas, going as far as Knife River and enjoying the city. Went down to the Canal Park area for a bite to eat in the evening. Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment