Saturday 18 June 2016

Shediac lobster capital of Canada


June 18th
I arrived in Moncton four days ago in cool spring conditions, drizzly and damp. Rented a car and drove 20 minutes north to Shediac and stopped in to see Jackie at Romeo's Marine and Autobody where Summer Wine II spent to winter.
Shediac is a lot like Gimli, the population triples in the summer with tourists and cottagers. There are two full service marinas with about 150 slips in each with both full. It was a good thing I had booked early. 
The boat seemed to winter well and once the prep was done,  I was trailered to the bay and launched for a mere $160 and with another $80 the mast was standing. I had enjoyed the Emery Laundry's bed and breakfast and the movie chanel in the evenings, but couldn't wait to move aboard once she was in the water.
I have her mostly rigged now and I'm working thur the intermittent alternator problem and a drip at the seawater pump shaft that started at the end of last season. The people are friendly and the yacht club has loaner bikes for members and guests so off I went peddling my . .... all over town.


   

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment